Join us for our first ever rock climbing skills clinic! This series is designed for beginner rock climbers with disabilities who want to progress their skills over the course of a few weeks. We will meet at Central Rock Gym's Arsenal Yards location, where participants will be paired 1-on-1 with a belayer to assist them in climbing. We will work with you on your individual goals; whether that's to try rock climbing for the first time, get more comfortable with an adaptive system, improve your technique and endurance, or something else.
Participants will commit to attending one session each week for three weeks. Please see the program schedule below.
Tuesday, November 7th: 7PM-7:50PM
Tuesday, November 14th: 7PM-7:50PM
Tuesday, November 21st: 7PM-7:50PM
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the start of the session to check in with the front desk, get rental gear on, etc!
Before coming out to climb:
- Participants MUST have an up-to-date CRG Waiver on file. Please fill out the waiver online here! Parent or guardian must sign for participants who are not their own legal guardians.
- If this is your first time climbing with Waypoint, we will call you ahead of the program series to check in with you about what supports you may need to participate and what your goals are!
- This program series is all about building YOUR skills and reaching YOUR goals. Consider what you'd like to try or achieve ahead of time, so we can use our time to work towards those goals. If you're not sure, that's ok too! Our staff and volunteers can help you determine a goal that makes sense for you.
Location: Central Rock Gym, Arsenal Yards (87 Arsenal Yards Blvd, Watertown MA 02472)
- There is accessible and standard parking right in front of the gym, and additional parking available in the parking garages for free
- Please note this is NOT the "Watertown" location! There are two CRG facilities in Watertown, so please be sure to navigate to the Arsenal Yards Watertown location
Instructor: Jim Bradley (781) 953-8928
Bathrooms: There are accessible bathrooms available at this location
What to bring:
- Small back pack or bag to carry your things
- Personal climbing equipment if you have it (harness, belay device, shoes, etc). Otherwise we will have gear you can borrow!
- Water bottle
- Mask (optional, we will also bring some disposable masks)